Summer Water Rules
Following the City’s summer watering rules is the right choice for Cheyenne’s dry and windy climate. Help preserve the City’s water sources by watering landscape efficiently.
Outdoor watering rules are in effect May 1 to September 1
- Only water during the cooler hours - no watering is allowed between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Watering is not allowed more than three days each week
- Avoid watering when windy or during rain showers
- Do not allow water to pool in gutters, streets, and alley ways
- Washing parking lots, sidewalks or driveways with a hose is prohibited except for construction, safety and health reasons
- Repair leaking sprinkler systems within 10 days
- Use a hose nozzle with a shut-off valve when washing a vehicle
Report water waste
Report water waste or any violation of these rules by calling customer service at 307-637-6460 or by filling out the online form.