Plan for Wise Water Use
To help save water, Cheyenne implemented water conservation measures in 2003. Today these efforts include:
- increasing tiered rate structure
- recycled water system
- leak detection and monitoring of our water system
- fines for wasting water
- soil amendment requirements for new sod or grass seed.
- water budgets for large irrigators
- landscaping ordinance that promotes water efficiency
- public information efforts to promote water conserving principles.
For more information, please view the Plan for Wise Water Use(PDF, 1MB) .