Summer Watering Schedule
Use Water Wisely!
Avoid Water Waste
Prohibited activities, resulting in a warning or fine, include:
- Watering during rain or high wind
- Allowing water to pool on the ground or flow down a gutter
- Failing to repair leaks
- Using water to clean sidewalks, driveways, and other hard surfaces, unless for health and safety
- Washing vehicles with a hose that is not equipped with an automatic shut-off nozzle
- Using drinking water resources for dust control or construction purposes
If you see water waste, Report a Concern or call (307) 637-6460.
Follow the Summer Watering Schedule
- Applicable May 1st through September 1st
- No watering lawns, gardens, and flowers between 10 am and 5 pm
- No watering lawns more than three days per week
Water shortage will result in additional restrictions. Refer to BOPU's Plan for Wise Water Use(PDF, 1MB) for more information.
Apply for a New Lawn Permit
Does your new lawn need watering more than three days a week? Apply for a Permit before you get started.