Hydrant Use Permit
Fire hydrant permit applications must be completed at our Operations & Maintenance Division, located at 2406 Snyder Avenue, Monday-Friday, 7:00 AM - 3:00 PM. Prior to obtaining hydrant meter equipment, the applicant shall file a Certificate of Insurance with the Board of Public Utilities, verifying each type of insurance coverage listed on page six of the Hydrant Meter Permit Application. Water pulled from a Board of Public Utilities' fire hydrant must be used within the Cheyenne city limits (see document below). Should you require water for use outside city limits, or for oil and gas development, please contact the Operations & Maintenance Division for additional permitting requirements and fees.
Hydrant Meter Costs & Fees
At the time of hydrant meter equipment issuance, the following deposit and fee will be required:
- Hydrant Meter Damage Deposit: $2,399.25
- Handling Fee (per permit): $42.84
Monthly, the Board of Public Utilities will need to access the hydrant meter to obtain a meter reading for billing. The Board of Public Utilities will invoice the applicant once a month for the following:
- Hydrant Meter Rental: $10.61 per day for as long as the hydrant meter has not been returned.
- Water Consumption: $5.88 per 1,000 gallons or current rate per 1,000 gallons.
- City of Cheyenne Assessment Fee: A 2% City Assessment Fee will be added to all monthly Board of Public Utility Bills.
Additional Payment Information
- All associated fees, including the hydrant meter damage deposit and rate fees, may be paid by check, debit, or credit card. A 3.5% transaction fee will be applied to all debit and/or credit transactions.
- For all water use outside city limits, the deposit, handling fee, and rates will be billed at 1.5 times the amounts listed above.
- Upon return of undamaged hydrant meter equipment, the final bill will be deducted from the Hydrant Meter Damage Deposit, and the remainder returned to the applicant.
Please contact our Operations & Maintenance Division at 307-637-6471 with any questions regarding our Hydrant Meter Program.